Conservation & Drought Management
Stage 1 Water Conservation
Beginning June 4, 2018, the City of Boerne will be under Stage 1 Water Conservation restrictions. Hot temperatures and very little rain have created the need for all area residents to save water. Let's all work together to be good stewards by conserving this precious resource!
If you have questions, or if you'd like more information regarding Stage 1 Water Conservation, please contact the City of Boerne's Utility Customer Service at 830-249-9511, Option 1.
|Stage 1 Water Conservation|
|Landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems is allowed ONLY between 7 pm - 11 am and ONLY on designated days according to street address (details below).|
|Hand watering with a hose, bucket, or soaker hose is allowed any day, at any time. However, it is not recommended between 11 am - 7 pm to prevent evaporation loss.|
|Vehicle washing at home is permitted with a pail or bucket, and with positive shut-off nozzles only.|
|Properly functioning drip irrigation systems are allowed.|
|Identify and eliminate defective or leaking plumbing.|
|Please do not waste water.|
|Address ends with:||0 or 1||2 or 3||4 or 5||6 or 7||8 or 9|
|Your watering days:||Mon. & Sat.||Tues. & Sat.||Wed. & Sat.||Thurs. & Sun.||Fri. & Sun.|
- Use mulch in your landscape beds to avoid moisture loss.
- Use soaker hoses in landscape beds.
- Lawns need no more than 1" water per week
- Create watering zones in your yard and only water those areas near your foundation
- If you're using a sprinkler system (2 times per week only), be sure that sprinkler heads are watering only yard and garden areas, not pavement
- Use a broom instead of water to clean sidewalks, patios, and driveways
- Take short showers rather than baths
- Only run washing machines and dishwashers with full loadsn
Average Monthly Payment Plan
Your monthly Utility bills can fluctuate based on usage. Avoid a higher than average bill during the warmer months with the City of Boerne's Average Monthly Payment Plan (AMPP). When you enroll in the AMPP, your Utility bill is generally about the same amount all year long. Contact the Boerne Utilities Billing office today to see if you are eligible and get signed up! You can download a copy of the sign-up form here.