We are now accepting applications for Probationary Police Officer. Deadline to submit applications is September 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM. Click to apply.
Boerne Police Department officer candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate (college hours are a plus)
- Have a passing score on the state certification exam by date of hire
- Have a valid Texas driver's license
- Have completed the Basic Peace Officer Course by date of hire
- Meet all prerequisites as set by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Pass an extensive Background Investigation
- Pass a Written Exam
- Pass a Physical Agility Test
- Pass a Polygraph Test
- Participate in an interview panel
- Pass a Medical Exam
- Pass a Psychological Exam (mandatory for new officer with no experience)
*Applicants who were not selected must wait one year from date of application before reapplying with this department.
Reserve Officers must meet the same qualifications and pass the same testing as regular officers. Those wishing to seek employment as a Reserve Officer are asked to contact Lt. Steve Perez prior to submitting an application.
After filling out a City of Boerne General employment application, the candidate must take a written exam. Candidates are required to pass all portions of the exam with a 70% or higher in order to move on to the next step in the hiring process.
After the completion of the written exam, applicants will be given the Boerne Police Department Application which will be turned in at a date specified by the Department. This includes specified required documents such as birth certificates, driver's license, transcripts, etc...
Oral/Interview BoardThose applicants who successfully pass the written test will move on to the Oral/Interview board. The board will consist of a panel of officers of the Boerne Police Department. The applicants will be notified of their date and time of the board after their written exam.
Applicants are generally ranked after the completion of both the written test and board. The top applicants will move on to background checks followed by the Polygraph examination.
Background Investigation/Polygraph Examination
Physical Agility Requirements
View the Boerne Police Department's Physical Agility Standards.
Applicants may be disqualified for reasons to include but not limited to previous criminal record, driving records (Example: multiple tickets/crashes within 2 years), dishonorable discharge from the military, prior *drugs use, financial/credit responsibility. Each applicant's history will be reviewed on a case by case decision.
* Example of illegal drug use: Cannot have used, consumed, ingested marijuana within 5 years from date of application. Applicants cannot have used, consumed, ingested narcotics such as Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine (Meth) within 10 years from date of application. The Chief of Police has the final decision on the disqualifying factors of each applicant.
Applicants who were disqualified must wait one year before reapplying.